FRÖBEL is one of the most highly-regarded providers of modern early childhood education, child care and after-school care services in Germany. We are proudly a not-for-profit organisation and operate 145 early learning centres with more than 13,000 children and 2,700 employees across Germany, Australia, Turkey and Poland.
We are currently looking for a qualified English-speaking education professional to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus "Bilingual Education" at our education and care service An St. Peter in Cologne, Germany.
The current team consists of 17 teachers and educators, two of them native English speakers, who are looking after 100 children from 8 weeks to 6 years of age. The centre has a variety of rooms, as well as an outdoor area and is located in Cologne Ehrenfeld, easily accessible by public transport.
- • Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level?
• Are you in the process of learning German? Some knowledge of German would be an advantage.
• Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education or similar qualification? Are you interested in developing your professional skills?
• Would you like to learn more about education policies in Germany and how these are being implemented in practice?
• Do you believe that children should have opportunities to encounter foreign languages at an early age and that they should define their own learning experience?
• Are you interested in working as part of a team to design and implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to meet you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- • Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
• Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
• Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
• Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
• Developing successful cooperation with parents.
- • A position with a minimum of 35 hours per week, ideally 40 hours per week
• Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our facilities to encounter new languages at an early age,
• An attractive working environment,
• Continuing professional development,
• Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
• In-house wage agreement including an attractive company pension scheme,
• Scope to balance work and family life.
Please address your application or any questions quoting reference number 151126-1.
For more information on the centre please visit: https://st-peter.froebel.info/.
Ms Christine Schneyer
Mobile: +49 172 10 47 391
FRÖBEL | Alexanderstrasse 9 | 10178 Berlin
Es ist nicht erlaubt auf diese Anzeige zwecks anderer Services, Produkte oder kommerzieller Interessen zu antworten.